May 19 marks the 11th annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). As part of our campus-wide commitment to inclusive education, STCC is participating in the Blackboard Ally “Fix Your Content Day”. For 24-hours, we’ll be on a mission to fix as many accessibility issues with course files as we can.
- Gives students the ability to download audio, ePub, tagged PDF, and world language translations of course materials as alternative formats. Since the start of the Spring 2022 semester, 8,753 alternative format files have been downloaded by STCC students!
- Checks course content for accessibility
- Gives faculty steps to self-assess and self-correct to improve course accessibility. The more accessible the file, the better the student experience with the alternative format!
Faculty can learn how to use Ally and become Access Champions by joining Fix Your Content Day on May 19!
- In person with Instructional Design support: Professional Development Center (Building 17, Rm 210), 9am-2pm
- Online on Zoom, with live Instructional Design support, 9am-2pm
- On your own, with email support, any time
Ready to accept the challenge? Complete the Fix Your Content Day form to let us know you are on board!