Springfield Technical Community College brought home 10 Medallion Awards at the District 1 conference of the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations held in Syracuse, N.Y., Oct. 2-4.
The awards included golds in three categories: Excellence in Writing-Long Form, Outdoor Media, and Video Shorts. STCC’s marketing team also won three silver and four bronze awards.
Here are the category and awards:
- Excellence in Writing – Long Form, Gold and Silver: Two articles: Gold for “After years of hardship, student finds support, hope and inspiration at STCC” and silver for ”STCC student joins steampunk wheelchair design project.”
- Outdoor Media, Gold: Billboard titled “100% on your terms.”
- Video Shorts (series), Gold: “STCC With It.
- Brochure (single or series), Silver: “STCC and Bones.”
- Poster (single or series), Silver: “STIK Poster.”
- E-Newsletter, Bronze: “STCC (stick) Together”
- Microsite/Landing Page, Bronze: “STCC Virtual Tour”
- Digital Advertisement (single or series), Bronze: “100% On Your Terms”
- Novelty, Bronze: “Ram Pride Card”
Dr. Shai Butler, Vice President of Advancement and External Affairs, and Jim Danko, Assistant Director of Communications, attended the conference. The district comprises Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec, and United Kingdom.
Danko applied for and received a Professional Development Scholarship worth $295 to attend the conference in Syracuse. The designed to help offset the costs of attending district and national conferences. They’re designated for new members, seasoned professionals and those employed at colleges with restricted travel budgets who can demonstrate how they will benefit from attending a conference.
It’s not the first time the marketing team has brought home awards. In 2021, the STCC marketing team won four medals at the District 1 NCMPR conference.
At a national conference in March, STCC was selected as the winner of two 2021 Paragon Awards – a gold for writing and a bronze for a community relations campaign for COVID-19 response.